Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Goodbye Rita, Our Sweet and Sassy Girl

June was a very tough month for my husband and I.  Last Friday was the most devastating day of my short-lived life.  We lost our 15 year old cat Rita.  She had been very sick but that doesn't make it any easier.
Rita when she was healthy
Our cats are not merely pets but family. 

She loved "catgrass" so we grew an entire tray!!!
They are our children.
He always take a nap with my husband

At the moment we are grieving and so is our 15 year old boy Rocky.  
My husband adopted them 6 months apart almost 15 years ago.

Our "gentle giant" Rocky the Maine Coon
 Fortunately, we have baby Lucy to keep him company and brighten our spirits.  She loves him!
Nap time while I fold laundry!
Thanks for stopping by!  Hold on to your loved ones, both human and furry!
Lucy our "baby"

9 comments:

Black Fox Homestead said...

I'm really sorry. We have four dogs who are like our kids and I know that it will be hard to lose them when the time comes.

Kristi said...

My condolences. It is hard to lose furry family members.

Mary Smith said...

Thank you Jenny and Kristi!

Susan said...

I'm so sorry. My cats and dogs are my children as well, and it just breaks your heart when you have to say goodbye to them. Glad you have that adorable kitten to help ease the loss of Rita.

Sherry said...

I'm so sorry, we love our pets too!!

Manav Singhi said...

Hi you have a Very Nice Blog. . .
From Blog Hop. . .How about we follow each other? let me know :)
www.ourjaipur.com

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

'Sending you a hug in this sad time. ((Mari)) -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

Thank you for linking your blogs on The Great Blog Train!

Heavenly Bodies said...

So sorry for your lose it's hard when one of our family members go.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. Your hectic move and now losing a member of your family! I've been there, and I feel for you! We lost my cat I had had for 20 years, two years ago. Our pets are our furry family and it has broken my heart when I've lost one.