Monday, May 27, 2013

Plants to Grow in Full Sun

I have this smallish planter on my front porch.  When we moved into the house 2+ years ago there were little bushes out front.  Something happened last year and they died. 

This weekend I decided I finally wanted to plant a bit of color out front so I made a list of sun-loving plants that would be beneficial like attracting bees and/or edible.  This may not be a complete list because my main focus is veggies and herbs that we'll use.

Here's what I came up with:

African Crackerjack Marigold

Dark Purple Opal Basil


Chioggio Beets

French Breakfast Radish

Vulcan Swiss Chard
Eggplant, Tomatoes, Peppers, Beans, Cucumber, squash and Onions

Here's the before...

Stay tuned for the After...  AND don't miss the HUGE Heirloom Seeds Giveaway tomorrow with 3 chances to win!!!
Sharing this post HERE and Tuesdays with a Twist
Back to the Basics

8 comments:

Mary Hill said...

Really nice use of the space. I love marigolds.

http://mary-anderingcreatively.blogspot.com/

Becca said...

I have a calendula salve... didn't realize it was a flower. Are they as easy to grow as marigolds?

mail4rosey said...

A cliffhanger!!! Coming back to see the after. :)

Visiting today from Thursday's Favorite Things.

Mamal Diane said...

I love planting things I can eat in any space I can find. Thanks for the tips. Thanks for sharing at The Gathering Spot this week :) Diane @MamalDiane

Love Bakes Good Cakes said...

I love planting things we can use too :) Thanks so much for sharing at last week's All My Bloggy Friends! I can't wait to see what you share this week :)

Lisa | Fresh Eggs Daily® said...

Great post! Thanks for linking up to our From the Farm blog hop this week!
Lisa
Fresh Eggs Daily
www.fresh-eggs-daily.com

Black Fox Homestead said...

Your crops look beautiful! Thank you for sharing. See you tomorrow!

Jessica @ The Wondering Brain said...

Nice! I've got marigolds growing outside myself, next to the tomatoes and peppers, so that bugs won't get to them. I think it's working! Thanks so much for sharing with us @ My Favorite Posts SHOW OFF Weekend Blog Party!

Jessica
The Wondering Brain