Thursday, June 14, 2012

Why Smoothies?

The Healthier Summer Series kicks off tomorrow at Mary's Kitchen and I've started with Smoothies!  Many of the recipes are posted "as-is" from popular sites I frequent.  Why?  Not very many people would drink my kind of smoothie.


I don't usually use fruit juices in my smoothies.  I might be considered hard-core...seriously!  

Hubby and I drink a protein shake or two a day.  Our shakes include SP Complete Rice Protein, Spinach or Celery, 1 Banana, 1 handful of Strawberries and sometimes 1 fresh mango...And 2 cups of water!

SP Complete is a product we offer in our wellness office for people who would like an alternative to the sugary, chemical-laden protein powders on the market.  SP Complete is also part of the 21- day Purification Program which we have complete several time with great results.

Standard Process (SP) is a whole-food supplement company, started in 1929 by Dr. Royal Lee.  "Dr. Royal Lee dedicated his life to finding solutions for all sorts of challenges, but his greatest passion was improving the nation's health by providing high-quality, whole food supplements and educating others about them. He devoted the majority of his life to spreading the truth about nutrition."

Why am I telling you all of this?  I believe in a healthy diet, regular exercise, whole-food nutrition supplements and occasionally falling off the wagon and eating Great-Grandma's 14 Karat Cake (or something like it).

Studies show that the "Average American" eats a steady diet full of fast food, processed and chemical-laden foods that are low in nutrients and high is refined sugar.  

It's summertime, which means I'll be posting lots of "healthy" recipes.  I try to keep the added sugars to a minimum and stay away from processed foods. 

Enjoy!


No comments: