Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday Garden Update

It's been an interesting few weeks in the garden.  It rained here 2 weekends in a row with a wonderfully hot few days in between.
A delicious feast!
I had an accident while transplanting my last Red Fig Tomato plant...I broke the stem...I wasn't able to save it!  
My total tomato plant count is now 2 Cherokee Purple, 
3 Amana's Orange and 3 Red Figs.
Side Yard
Brussels Sprouts
Another Baby Eggplant...Hiding!
Random Peppers...Forgot to mark these babies
Carrots in recycled container!

One of MANY sets of Marigolds

HERBS!!!
Purple Opal Basil

Herbs started in Peat Pellets
BABIES!!!
Swiss Chard in Peat Pellets
Marigolds in Peat Pellets
Had enough?  This is just a taste of the garden (the good pictures anyway).  The patio is a mess!  I even have a few seedlings in the laundry room because it's bright and the cat can't eat them in there.

I am amazed at how much better my seeds have germinated and the easy of transplanting using Peat Pellets.  I don't know how I survived without them**plug**  

I even donated a handful of Peat Pellets and Marigold (Calendula) seeds to a local first grade class...THAT is a story in itself...The kids had a great time and so did I.  The best part...MESS FREE!!!

No comments: