Monday, January 16, 2012

Planting more Seeds this Week!

We had another busy weekend and I felt a bit crummy on Sunday.  After work on Saturday I managed an hour of weed-pulling and cleaned up the garden a bit. The new total of Cherokee Purple tomatoes is 25!  A few are just about ready to take off the plant but most are mid-sized or just little babies.

Today I planted a few new varieties of seeds for the garden:
Anaheim Peppers
Amana's Orange Tomatoes
Red Fig Tomatoes
Black Beauty Zucchini
National Pickling Cucumber

I also planted more Swiss Chard, German Giant Radish, Spinach, Cherokee Purple Tomatoes and Purple Top Whiteglobe Turnips.

Whew! Now I need another shelf for the patio or the kitties will have a feast and I'll have no seedlings.  Tomorrow I'll try to plant more herbs.  I'm thinking Oregano, Sage and 2 more Fine Verde Basil.  Maybe I'll plant a couple Dark Purple Opal Basil.

Over the next few days I'll post a few more "growing instructions" for those of you who are just purchasing seeds or just getting started.  If you live in an area that is still cold (or snowy) not to worry, you should be starting a few plant seeds indoors to get ready for spring.

Happy Planting!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Oh, I wish we could fast forward a couple months so I could start planting here! My husband laughs at me because once Christmas is over he knows I'm DONE with winter and want to get my hands in the dirt.
Hope you'll post pictures of your garden. Gives me something to look forward to!
Hope you're feeling better. :)

Mary Smith said...

I should have a few new pictures tomorrow. I'm planning my raised beds this week and (fingers crossed)should be building them next week with my hubby.