Monday, January 2, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I had a semi-exciting, extremely productive weekend.  I had to work on Saturday (gasp) but only for a few hours.  My hubby and I braved costco, which was a madhouse, and I managed to can my first batch of jelly.  And that was just Saturday!
Apricot Cranberry Jelly

Sunday we took it easy (kinda).  I made a large batch of Lasagna with my mom's instructions.  I would post the recipe but I kinda threw it together. One lasagna is all meat, another meat and veggies and another with just veggies. **Send me an email or leave a comment for instructions** I also made an extra mini veggie lasagna for us to eat right away and the rest went into the freezer.

I harvested a few pieces of Swiss Chard

On Sunday I also learned more about Bees.  I plan on sharing the info within a few days.  Now is the BEST time to start thinking about what to plant next season.  In Florida I plant and transplant in January/February.  In other states it can be more like late February/March.  Whichever your planting date, it's time to start thinking about what to plant next!

2 comments:

Denise said...

I'm chomping at the bit to start seeds inside so they'll be ready in the spring. This being our first winter here in Alabama, I'm curious to see when our last freeze/frost will be. It's actually been quite mild here (yesterday was 66) but tomorrow morning it's supposed to be in the mid 20s. Brrr!!!
Love the jelly and the chard! :)

Mary Smith said...

Denise, it was 43 here last night and I was freezing! Have you checked out marysheirloomseeds.com ?
I'm not a big seed company but I do my best and I'm trying to spread the word.