Thursday, October 15, 2009

What stress?

This morning I went to the post office...what a way to start the day! After several minutes I found myself checking my watch, looking around at the line stretching almost to the door. Several more minutes passed and I still had not moved. I thought to myself, I'm gonna be late for work. Patients will be standing outside waiting for me, faxes pouring in, the phone ringing with no one to answer...AHH...stress!
Has this ever happened to you?
What did you do about it?
Instead of whining about it in line or stomping my feet and throwing a temper tantrum I thought about what it must be like to be on the other side of the counter. The postal workers deal with dissatisfied, disgruntled customers all day. The line is almost to the door most of the day.
I had to think...What good comes from stress? What is there to do when you start to stress?

Here are 5 ways to De-stress:

1. Practice meditation or yoga
2. Take a walk
3. Eat less sugar, drink more tea
4. Read a book
5. Take 5-Take a few minutes out of your day and write in a journal

No comments: